Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Throw your hands up and enjoy the ride...



"Life is like a roller coaster. You can either scream every time there is a bump, or you can throw your hands up and enjoy the ride." author unknown.

Well, it’s been awhile since I've posted to this blog…

Since my last post, my life has been a ROLLER COASTER ride with big drops, high speed upside down loops, and many sharp twists and turns.  Life got so hectic that I put my Etsy shop on vacation and I took a break from blogging….well, I’m back. 

Here are some of the roller coaster details:

1. Big Scary Drop - I left my career of thirty years due to stress and unhappiness; I was fed up but not ready to retire.
2. High Speed Upside Down Loops - For the first time in my career I had to develop a resume and interviewed for a new executive job; amazingly I got the first job I applied for.
3. Splash Down - I started my new job with Macy’s Systems and Technology as a Project Manager.
4. Sharp Turn - Due to the long commute we decided to move out of the city and into the burbs of Atlanta.  Yes, the devoted city dwellers moved OTP (outside the perimeter).
5. Fast Spiral - After a whirlwind search for a new home we chose John’s Creek, GA.
6. Burst of Acceleration - We packed and moved within 30 days of signing a contract. Miraculous!
7. Unexpected Twist - The moving company truck size was not estimated correctly so we ended up moving a lot of stuff ourselves in the June heat wave. YUK! 
8. Smelly Swamp Dive - Days after moving into the house the sewer backed up inside the house, the hardwood floors were ruined and the house was extremely stinky.
9. Unplanned Trajectory - The yard was torn up, a new sewer line went in, a beautiful birch tree was removed (sad), the first level floor was torn out, subfloor was dried out, everything was sanitized and the hardwoods were replaced.  This all took about 30 days to accomplish, and a hotel became our temporary new home.
10. Surprising Blind Curves – Trying out new businesses and restaurants has been a pleasant surprise. We’ve found many great places to enjoy food and drinks.
11. Screeching Brakes – We have settled in and look forward to our future living OTP.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Lori
Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment