Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Refocusing on Blogging

I have been meaning to sit down and write this post for months. But as one day went by, another day went by, and then a week, and then a month, I finally said “I am just going to sit down, and do it!” And here we are.
 
Just like most folks, I am not perfect, but every day presents an opportunity for a fresh start; a new beginning from this day forward. Maybe you can relate, maybe you can’t, or maybe you don’t even care (and that is ok too.).
 
To refocus, I had to ask myself some questions this morning:
  1. Why did I start a blog? Simple. I decided to do it because I felt that a number of crafty small business owners might relate to my experiences.
  2. What kept me from blogging for over 4 months? I have been taken aback by the day to day activities of life….Major career change (my day job), moving to a new house in a new community, regrouping after a plumbing disaster, family responsibilities, etc, etc... There really is no good reason not to blog too; I like many other people, I just need to make the time to get things like this done.
  3. What’s been keeping me from growing my little business? Not everyone will, but some of you will relate to the fact that I have been focused on working ‘in’ my Etsy business (instead of on it), taking care of customers, purchasing materials and supplies, planning new designs, organizing a new studio in the new house…etc.
  4. How can I get back on track? Action is in my opinion the main driver of success and achievement. Even if I don’t have everything perfect, it is best to just get out there and take action. I need to put in the time to get things done, even if it is not perfect.
  5.  
"Even if you're on the right track,
you'll get run over if you just sit there."

So I am taking action and I am working on refocusing my efforts on taking consistent action. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And if I can refocus and just do it, then so can you! Start today; don’t wait. Get out there and take action on whatever you have been procrastinating about.
 
You can’t score any goals in the game of life if you never make an attempt to take a shot. I hope this long overdue blog post motivates you to do the same and if it does, I would love to hear about it!
 
Wishing all of you greatness and success!

 
Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. I can really relate to this post. It can be so difficult sometimes to focus on what needs to get done and in what order. This is my current struggle. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete